Here is some useful information for you about BYC :
- For registration, you do not need to print anything out or bring a confirmation number. All you will need is a photo ID if you pre-registered. We will give you a copy of your schedule.
- If you registered with a discount code, you will need proof of your affiliation.
- The schedule of workshops is subject to change.
- Please bring a yoga mat. If you own yoga props (bolster, blanket, block, strap, eye pillow), please bring these items with you to BYC.
- Please bring your own water bottle. We have refill stations.
- For Day Pass and Weekend Pass Holders: Check-In begins at 7 am. Opening Ceremony is around 8:15-8:45 each morning with Todd Norian. Please arrive for Opening Ceremony.
- There are (2)workshops after Opening Ceremony before lunch, with a short break in between, and two more after.
- The first full-length workshop each day is 2 hours. All others are 90 minutes.
- BYC Yoga Studio Partners are awesome yoga vendors are located in the Mindful Marketplace. Explore healing arts! At check-in, sign yourself up for one or many therapeutic treatments throughout the day. In the Mindful Marketplace where you can learn about sustainable and eco-friendly products from companies that are leading the way in environmentally friendly products yoga-oriented products. The Marketplace is free and open to the public. Tell your family, friends, and community to check it out!
- As part of EMP’s continuing year-round dedication to our community, BYC will be hosting a silent auction with great prizes to benefit ANEW Place.
- There are long lunch break each day to get bodywork, eat, explore the Mindful Marketplace, and rest.
- You can pre-order lunch each day via online registration. This is recommended or pack a lunch. There are no other food options open in the Davis Center during this conference though you may have long enough to walk downtown and enjoy the eateries and head back up the hill (Main Street) to UVM.
- Vegan/Vegetarian catered lunch is available each day by Pingala Cafe (by pre-order only). Menu Details here. If you do not pre-order meals, please pack a lunch or prepare to head off-campus. There are no other food options in the Davis Center this day.
- BYC is excited to announce a fun and nurturing closing ceremony to end the weekend this year, which features various BYC presenters and musicians Bill O’Connor , Will Duprey , Gabrielle Goldberg , Jurian Hughes , Yogi Patrick McAndrew , Lakshmi Plasha , Jane Lanza , and more. During this practice, you’ll be led through gentle warm-ups into asana, extended savasana and meditation with live meditative music. This class is a round-robin style closing ceremony, focused on reaffirming the intention that you set at the opening ceremony and carrying your weekend at BYC into the world.
- How to earn CE Credits at BYC with Yoga Alliance
- DAY LIGHT SAVINGS: Don’t forget that to turn your clocks AHEAD late Saturday night. You don’t want to arrive late for any of your yoga classes on Sunday at the Burlington Yoga Conference!
HOW TO GET TO BYC:
BYC is located on the 4th Floor of the Davis Center on UVM Campus, Burlington, VT. Though you can see this large brick building from Main Street, you enter the Davis from East Avenue. Turn from East Avenue onto UVM Campus as if going to the hospital. Go straight through the light rather than right to the hospital). Follow signs for Davis Center. Veer left toward Davis Center. See the attached map if you are parking. Use the JEFFORDS LOT for parking. Walk to the Davis Center and up to the 4th Floor.http://www.uvm.edu/conferences/download/Burlington_Yoga_Conference_Map.pdf
Please let us know if we can answer any questions for you. We look forward to seeing you March 7-8 at BYC! Thank you!